Magnify the impact of your marketing investment
WEDC’s Talent Attraction & Retention Marketing Cooperative Initiative aims to help eligible participants statewide by magnifying the impact of their own marketing investments to help solve workforce challenges.
For eligible partners, WEDC will provide dollar-for-dollar matching funds to support talent attraction retention marketing. This can include advertising, as well as such activities as such as market research, audience targeting, and development of creative materials.
Participation is limited to eligible entities. Specific projects must be approved in advance (using the supplied application form) in advance, and only preapproved expenses are eligible for reimbursement. Eligible expenses are reimbursed only after proof of advertising placement or other expenditure is provided.
Total funds are limited to $650,000 and will be reserved for projects in the order they are approved.
Frequently asked questions
Step One: Review the detailed initiative guidelines.
Step Two: Download the application
Step Three: Save and rename the completed application with your name (e.g. yourname-talent-coop-application.pdf)
Step Four: Send the completed application and any attachments to email@example.com
- Government, public and nonprofit organizations that promote economic development
- Regional and industry economic development entities
- State government agencies representing key industry sectors (state agencies are exempt from matching requirement; maximum WEDC support of $75,000 applies)
- Eligible expenses with prior approval must be:
- For advertising or other marketing activities initiated on or after August 1, 2022
- Incurred by May 31, 2023
- Applications for reimbursement must be received by June 16, 2023
This year is a pilot. If it’s successful, we will consider extending the initiative into future years.
- Maximum reimbursement per participant in FY23 is $75,000.
- Minimum match for a single request is $500
- Multiple requests will be accepted from the same applicant, up to the $75,000 limit for the fiscal year
- Multiple requests contingent on the overall availability of Co-op fund
Total funding available through WEDC for this initiative is $650,000. Funds are reserved based on the order of application approval until the total budget is reserved.
Yes, both are required. An application must be submitted and approved by WEDC’s vice president of marketing & brand strategy to be accepted into the Co-op Initiative. Once the application is approved, the applicant must agree to a contract provided by WEDC.