Global markets create new opportunities for products made in Wisconsin
With 96% of the world’s population consuming products outside the U.S. and 1 billion people expected to join the global middle class in the next decade, Wisconsin companies are changing the way they think about their businesses. For companies that want to grow, exporting is no longer a luxury—it’s a necessity.
ExporTech™, an export acceleration program delivered in partnership by the Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP) and the Manufacturing Outreach Center at UW-Stout with support from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), helps Wisconsin companies expand their global market reach through targeted export strategy development and execution. It is designed to shorten a company’s “go-to-market” timeline by developing a customized international growth plan for the company’s products in key markets.
How it works
ExporTech helps small to midsize Wisconsin companies tap into new markets with a customized export expansion strategy that has the greatest revenue potential and the least risk. A carefully selected cohort of up to eight non-competitive companies participate in three full-day events scheduled approximately one month apart. Participants learn how exports can dramatically drive growth, identify hurdles to expansion, and ultimately develop a customized international growth plan.
Through ExporTech, you will:
- Learn successful exporting strategies
- Develop an effective exporting plan
- Get expert feedback and coaching from experienced exporters
ExporTech includes information on key strategic topics, including:
- Sales and distribution strategies
- Trade finance, pricing and payments best practices
- International licensing opportunities
- Leveraging trade agreements
- Logistics and documentation
- Regulations and foreign certifications
- Geopolitical and country-specific risks
Upon completion of ExporTech you will receive:
- A complimentary Market Assessment or Partner Search for a top market identified during the program
- Increased grant funding to implement your new export plan
Since 2009, nearly 350 Wisconsin manufacturers have graduated from the program, each averaging close to $1 million in new export sales.
Who should participate
Success in exporting relies on executive support. ExporTech requires commitment from at least two top senior executives, e.g., owners, CEOs and other executive leadership.
$9,000 per company with scholarships available up to 50%.